Monday, February 28, 2011

Old cake-sunkist


This is one of my very first cakes. I made it for my brother a couple years ago. His favorite soda is sunkist in case you couldn't guess. I did two separate cakes for it.



the fist one is just a plain sheet cake (it was so long ago i dont remember what was inside.) I tried to copy the style of writing that is on a sunkist can. the blue and the green on the cake is just pipping gel with color in it.
The second cake was made to look like an actual can of sunkist. It isn't the cleanest looking but i think it turned out pretty good for my first cake. I Stacked 3 6inch round cakes and even carved out a little of the top one for the soda tab. there is writting on the sides that I also coppied from an actual can of sunkist too. The writting taht is on the plate says "not to scale." I got a lot of comments about it being a little short. I guess i should have used 4 cakes.
It is amazing to look back at this and think of how proud of this cake I was, and how much I've learned since then. I'm looking forward to learning even more!





No comments:

Post a Comment